President Obama has asked all americans to contact their representatives (congressman, senators, etc.) and demand the republicans end the Bush era tax cuts for the rich (the 2%). John Boehner recently stated that they can use the debt ceiling yet again as leverage to get what they want - more tax cuts for the rich. The republican controlled house held our debt ceiling hostage as well as a host of other legislation in 2011 while demanding tax cuts for the rich. Their behavior caused this countries credit rating (AAA score) to drop for the first time in our countries history. In the S&P report on page 4 it was cited that the score was lowered because of their behavior.
President Obama has agreed to pass the Bush tax cuts as republicans have requested but only for people earnings less than 250,000 a year (98% of americans). The wealthiest americans (the other 2%) having to finally pay their fair share. This bill has already been passed in the Senate and President Obama is just waiting for John Boehner, Eric Cantor, Mitch McConnell and the republican controlled house to sign this bill.
If republicans do not sign this bill, the middle class will see a reduction in their paychecks that could amount to about 2200.00 a year. The rich (the 2%) already own over 40% of the wealth in this country. This republican controlled house continues to sabotage and obstruct bills that will help the middle class/poor while fighting desperately using deception to make the rich richer.
The time is NOW. EVERY american should flood their representatives offices with emails, phone calls, text or whatever and demand John Boehner and the republican controlled house end the Bush tax cuts for the rich and finally start fighting for the middle class. Since the republicans refuse to look out for the middle class/poor's interest, then we must do it ourselves.
FOR GOD'S SAKE SPEAK OUT ! SPEAK OUT! SPEAK OUT ! SPEAK OUT!